Here are our tips to make sure you get the best Supernotes experience, whether you are on mobile or desktop. Native apps for all platforms are coming soon, but here's to make the most of Supernotes as a web app:
Supernotes may not be on the App Store yet, but since it is a Progressive Web App you can make it behave like one! This works on all iPhones and iPads.
Add Supernotes to your iOS Home Screen
Here are a few steps to add the Supernotes Web App to your homescreen:
- Open Safari, and navigate to to my.supernotes.app (don't worry about logging in yet)
- Tap the "share" button (the up arrow emerging from a rectangle)
- Scroll down (iOS 13) and then tap the "Add to Home Screen" button.
- Then tap "Add" at the top right of the new dialog window.
- And voila! Supernotes is added to your home screen. You can now rearrange it like a normal app.
Supernotes will be on the Google Play store very soon, but for the meantime here is a way for you to make it behave like an app:
Add Supernotes to your Android Home Screen
It's very quick and simple:
- Open Chrome, and navigate to to my.supernotes.app (don't worry about logging in yet)
- Tap the hamburger menu in the bottom right hand corner.
- Tap '+ Add page to' and then tap 'Home Screen'
- Finally click 'Add' and voila! Supernotes is now on your home screen where you can rearrange it like any other app.
We recommend you use Google Chrome, however Supernotes has also been extensively tested on Firefox and Safari if you prefer to use them.
Add Supernotes to Spotlight Search
If you are a fan of the Spotlight search on a Mac you can add it to the search very easily. This method uses Safari but Supernotes will always open in your preferred browser:
- Open Safari and navigate to to my.supernotes.app
- Click and drag the url to your desktop (or another root directory)
- Rename the saved web link as "Supernotes"
- Open Spotlight with [cmd] + [space] and then type Supernotes, hit enter and it will automatically open Supernotes in your preferred browser.
Internet Explorer and Edge are not supported, Supernotes may work although we cannot guarantee everything will function as intended. Please use Google Chrome (recommended) or Firefox.