The following are the six different roles that a member can have on a Card, Each role has all of the permissions of the lower roles below:
The original 'star', or creator of a card. This cannot be changed.
- Always retain the card even if it is Cut from a parent (i.e. all of an author's cards are automatically 'Kept').
- Assign all user roles, and promote/demote moderators
- Cannot be demoted
- Delete for Everyone
The reviewer and curator of the Members and child Cards.
- Change the Default Joining Role and Default Role in Parent
- Freeze and Reset share codes
- Cut child cards
- Promote/demote members (except Moderators)
- Edit the card content
- Manage comments (incl. deleting other users)
- Shared Tag management
- Publishing new child cards within this parent card
- Cutting cards they added within this parent card
- Personal tag management
- Adding this card to another parent
- Adding a child card as unlisted (not publishing)
- Delete for Me
You will notice that 'Viewing the Share code' is omitted from this list of permissions. This is because it depends on what the default role of a card is. If a member of a card has a role lower than the default role, they are unable to view the Share Code. If an Author/Moderator demotes a member to lower than the default role, the share code is automatically reset - to prevent the demoted user from rejoining at a higher role.